Wednesday 21 March 2012

Ten Things I Do And Do Not Know



Things I Know:

Proper Internet Searching- Google is my friend and I know how to manipulate the search terms

Self Learning for Technology - I have learned how to program and build computers on my own, as well as use a phone as a multipurpose device, therefore I am under the belief I know how to learn about technology on my own.

Typing: Though I don't use all of my fingers to type, I do type quickly and am very comfortable with the feel of a keyboard. I know where all the keys are without looking at them. But I challenge you to tell me what the F6 button is ever used for. (Challenge Accepted?)

Safety and Security: Very adept at this one, I've learned to work with anti-viruses and have also worked with viruses, furthermore I have a fairly strong knowledge of spyware as well.

Hardware Basics and Troubleshooting: I have done this a multitude of times. Working with hardware is fairly normal for me now that I've built and upgraded a computer for five years, only recently replacing the entire frame and motherboard.

Finding Apps: As a avid iPhone user, I have a strong understanding of navigating the app store both from my phone and from iTunes directly making this skill one that I don't need to improve much.


Things I Need To Work On:

Social Media Skills: I do not enjoy using twitter nor facebook, therefore I have a fairly basic knowledge of their usages. So, I need to improve upon that.

Office Suite Skills - I know how to use Microsoft Office fairly adeptly, but the other programs are still quite troublesome for me at times.

Netiquette: Internet/Email/Social Media Etiquette: This one is also a area of improvement, this is because I could use a brush up upon proper formatting of emails and responses to workplace emails.

Backup Data: As you have already noticed (essay lost on me twice) I really need to work on my data security by backing up files online and perhaps to external drives.


Learn How To Use Things That I Don't Understand?


 Video On File Backup



No comments:

Post a Comment